Armagetron Advanced 0.2.9.1.0 Released
This release welcomes our new ultrawide monitor using overlords!
And, to be frank, also the old, regular widescreen overlords. All this time, the game had been optimized for 4:3 or 5:4 screens, with menu text and HUD elements getting stretched to the side for widescreen users. No more of that! The changes also benefit splitscreen users; for a horizontal split, the HUD will now no longer cover half the (split) screen.
And while we were at fixing fonts, the default console rendering now tries to display the bitmap font precisely as it is designed, pixel by pixel; that should make the console more readable and sharper looking for everyone.
Playing back debug recordings has been made simpler and more robust; the –playback command line switch is no longer required and the network code should no longer give up when the recorded server response does not match what the playback code expects. Especially, this version should have no problems playing back tournament recordings made with version 0.2.8.
What Steam users had for a while is now available for everyone: The onboarding process has been tweaked a little. The intial game is less frustrating, and the tutorial tooltips are spammed less.
Furthermore, compatibility of the generic Linux binaries has been improved, with more systems supported out of the box.
Changes since 0.2.9.0.1:
- Use after free in nNetObject::ClearKnows (#34)
- Missing null check for master server info (#58)
- Basic screen aspect ratio failures: Text (#59)
- Center message issues (#62)
- AppImage library content still lacking (#63)
- Crash in menu key repeat handling (#66)
- Make AppImage builds fit for registration at AppImageHub (#17)
- Make SIZE_ and SPEED_FACTOR floating point instead of integer (#20)
- Do not show a player’s own IP on the client (#27)
- Make –playback optional so recordings can be more easily played back (#37)
- Steam on Windows: Add playback registry keys so .aarec files automatically playback with a doubleclick (#38)
- Make clientside playback more robust (#56)
- user.cfg fine grained upgrade system (#61)
- Make custom camera the default for new players (#35)
- Turn down tutorial tooltip spam (#36)
- Onboarding game improvements (#39)
- ROUND_CENTER_MESSAGEs are still displayed in nCLIENT state (#49)
- Make Full HD players see the small font as little as possible (#60)
Armanelgtron, Manuel Moos, SwagTron
Get Armagetron Advanced
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.